When having to decide on the right way to paint the outside of your home, try to think of it as a fun project, as It is beyond a doubt that painting the exterior of one’s home will require more time and effort than the interior. For a start, you will be taking on the elements of nature.
- Also, there is the chance that there is more that can go wrong when painting outdoors than indoors.
So, being prepared is a major part of the job and If you don’t plan out your exterior paint job, you may make it a more burdensome task. If time is not on your side, then simply hire professional exterior house painters in Perth, who can get the job done perfectly for you.
To make things work out that much easier, below is some handy advice you can follow to help make the whole job go that much easier:
Make it Clean
You’ll be wasting your time painting the walls outside of your home if they are not clean. It is more than common sense that the outer walls attract more dust and dirt than the inner walls. So, you should first get to work and clean them down. To do this you will need the assistance of a pressure washer and you should wash them smoothly, going from top to bottom.
This way, the dirt and debris will come down towards the ground, instead of accumulating on the wall itself.
- Ensure the surface of the walls are smooth and need no repairs prior to painting. If there are, then remove them. Also, wait until the wall is fully dry after any repairs before you start painting.
- Also you must remove any loose paint from the wall by way of a paint scraper leaving you with a smooth surface that you can easily paint on.
- You will have to make sure to add some caulk to any point on the wall where different materials meet, or the paint job will not be that smooth.
You will also need to cover all windows and doors before you start painting to protect them from any spills and drips. Use masking tape to ensure the finish is perfect and remember to cover any sockets and outlets on walls as well as lights or anything else electrical
And Away You Go
After following the above steps, you can then start painting. But, before that, check that the weather is going to be friendly, because it’s no good painting the outside of your home should there be any possibility of rain or the humidity level is high.
- Otherwise, it will take forever for the paint to properly dry. (And, if it rains, your paint job just might be spoiled)
By adhering to the advice above, the painting of your home’s exterior, will be a smooth and simple job and you will obtain best possible results.